lørdag den 5. juli 2008

MTV rant, part 1

Mtv stands for Music Television.

Do me a favour everyone, go zap to your local mtv. Chances are that there are commercials ofc, so you might have to wait a bit to see what the actual program is. Some boring reality show that has nothing to do with music, right? And when they do play music, you're normally asleep.

What does this tell you, when you have to turn on MTV late at night if you actually want to see some music videos (though I would hardly call the music on right now music). Correct me if I am wrong, but when I zap to a channel called Music Television, I expect to see music or at least something related to music (Beavis and Butt-head is a brilliant example, besides them running around being dumb and parodying social issues, they commented and played a lot of music videos).

Earlier today when zap by it was surprise surprise "reality" shows (If you have take a little time to study you will see most of it is scripted, as if the bad acting wasn't telling). A reality show is not something I'm a big fan of.
Although I will admit I do enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey getting angry. But these "reality" shows on MTV are idiotic. Some spoiled 16 year old throwing a huge party spending who knows how much of her spineless parents money (They seem to think that throwing money at their girl will teach her values) or a bunch of young good looking people living in a mansion complaining about each other (and then name the show the real world), isn't what I want to see when I zap on MTV.

This brings me to another issue. Is shallowness and only caring about appearance the only important thing in the world now? According to all the shows in MTV that's what they're trying to tell us that. We're being flooded with images that party and appearing sexy is the only thing that matters in life. What the hell has this anything to do with music, the freaking channel is called MUSIC Television. I want to see bands and artist and their videos, not another idiotic show like NEXT, Date my mom or whatever.

1 kommentar:

NielsJ sagde ...

I can't agree more :)